7 Must Have Patio Accessories
Summer is just around the corner, which means barbeques, gardening, and all forms of backyard entertainment will soon be underway. Now is the perfect opportunity to prepare your outdoor space for the festivities, so why not do it in style with patio accessories? From throw pillows to potted plants and statues to wind chimes, there are many ways to spruce up your patio in time for summer and make it the place to be for friends and family. Here are some patio accessories to complement the area:
- Outdoor lighting. Lights can be embedded in stepping stones, mounted to fences or walls, or strung from nearby structures to brighten the path for your family and friends. Floor lamps give the impression of an indoor living space, and hanging lanterns or tabletop candles will brighten the dinner area. For added whimsy, and for use as an insect deterrent as well, consider surrounding your entertaining area with tiki torches.
- Decorative water fountains. Gurgling fountains are soothing to the ear and mesmerizing to watch. They are fantastic conversation pieces as well. There are countless options for these garden and patio accessories – such as wall mounted, hanging, tiered, or tabletop fountains.
- Versatile seating. Patio furniture should be practical and multifunctional. It should withstand the elements with somewhat minimal maintenance and be suitable for a multitude of activities, such as working, relaxing, and dining. Seating should also leave plenty of room in the area for movement.
- Potted plants. Herb gardens are easy to maintain and nicely accent patio space. Check with the local garden center to find out which plants grow comfortably in your area. Then combine different types in planters to make colorful arrangements. To add to the diversity, use pots in an array of sizes, shapes, colors, and materials.
- Statues. Birdbaths and cherubs are perhaps the most traditional outdoor pieces. If these are too classical for your style but you’d rather not opt for plastic flamingos and garden gnomes, there are still many tasteful choices available. Gargoyles, fairies, bird houses and feeders, and even garden benches are all beautiful patio accessories that can promote conversation or simply be a peaceful object on which to meditate.
- Wind chimes. Although wind chimes of any style are aesthetically pleasing, they are quite functional too. They help predict the weather by alerting you to strong winds or changes in wind patterns. They are also an added security measure – because they are so sensitive, they will likely ring and jingle at the slightest disturbance. Wind chimes can even soothe upset children and keep pesky birds at bay.
- Pillows. Add comfort and style to your outdoor living space with pillows. They can be themed – floral, for instance – or, as with flower pots, you can display a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors.
Remember to opt for pillows and cushions that are weather-resistant, meaning they should be able to resist fading from exposure to sunlight and repel moisture and mildew. Additionally, they should be easy to wipe clean. For more decorating information, and for an expansive selection of outdoor pillows, visit Pillow Décor today!